My Barn Studio

My Barn Studio
Where the magic happens!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Raising Money for Animal Rescue

I was cruising through etsy the other day and hit on a site where all the money earned went to a rescue group. Having been very involved in animal rescue in the past and knowing how hard it is to keep fund flowing, I decided to jump on board and do this idea to. Sooooo I started an etsy site called 'For Animal Rescue, where 100% of the profits go to the Cheatham County Animal Shelter. I just added a few of my own items today and will keep adding items I wish to donate as I have time. I plan on turning this in to a collective effort and get other artists to donate items as well.

My husband, John, and I had in the past volunteered as a foster parent , helped with events, etc. but with John now being handicapped, I thought this would be a way to still stay active in the rescue world but not be overwhelmed with caring for a dog or cat. I may get back into that later, but for now 'For Animal Rescue' will be my volunteer effort.

Go to http://www.etsy.com/shop/foranimalrescue?ref=pr_shop to see what is for sale. There are a few items now, but check back from time to time to see what has been donated!!

Cat Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment